Layers Panel & Timeline
This page is about the Layers Panel and the Timeline in the Template Builder.
They show all your assets on the canvas as layers.
- The Layers Panel is always visible within the Template builder and allows you to - among other things - determine their order.
- The Timeline is only visible for Video and Banner templates. It allows you to determine their order and placement through time, creating a sequence of texts, shapes and assets which play in the timeline from left to right.
IN THIS ARTICLE
|1. Locking layers|
|2. Changing layer visibility|
| 3. Adjusting layer colors
| 4. Layer icons
| 5. Adjusting layer names
| 6. Multi-selection of layers
| 7. Zooming in- and out on the timeline
Changing layer visibilityToggle visibility of layers by clicking on the eye-icon in the Layers Panel.
Important: toggling off the visibility of a layer means that it won’t be visible in the media you create with your template. If you have multiple (canvas) sizes in your template, you can toggle visibility per size.
Adjusting layer colors
Adjusting layer names
Multi-selection of layers
- Move them together on the canvas.
- Delete them by pressing the Backspace or Delete key.
- Move their position on the timeline by holding Shift and dragging with your mouse.
- Change their duration on the timeline, by holding Shift and dragging the start or end of one of the selected layers.
Adjusting position & duration:
Zooming in- and out on the timeline
You can zoom in- and out on the timeline by:
- Using the slider in the left bottom corner of the canvas.
- Scrolling when holding down Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (Mac) when your cursor is positioned on the timeline.
- Pressing Ctrl and + or - (Windows) or Cmd and + or - (Mac) when your cursor is positioned on the timeline.