IN THIS ARTICLE
You can access the template properties by clicking the grey space around the canvas or clicking the cog-icon in the right bottom corner of the canvas. Here you can do the following:
- See your canvas width and height
- Set your duration and the frames per second (FPS) (video and banner templates only)
- Set your thumbnail image (video and banner templates only)
- New Element Behaviour
When you have multiple sizes in your template, it's possible to add elements that should only be visible on the size you're working on at that moment. The default behaviour can be changed here. You can find more information about this setting in the Dynamic Sizes-chapter in these guides.
Setting frame rate and duration (video and banner templates only)
Setting a thumbnail image (video and banner templates only)
- Set the position, rotation and opacity of the text layer. You can set these by (1) clicking with your mouse and typing in the desired outcome, or (2) clicking with your mouse and then using the arrow keys. Tap an arrow to move the assets 1 pixel at a time or hold shift to increase movement speed to 10 pixels at a time.
- Determine the text colour, text background colour, stroke and shadow.
- Set font type, size, spacing, alignment and the use of capital letters. You can also import your own fonts if they are not standard included.
- The Behavior of text, which it’s especially important for dynamic text layers. You can either (1) set text to fit within the textbox, which makes longer texts scale down; or (2) allow text to vertically overflow, meaning the text will go outside of the textbox when it’s in need of more space.
- Image placement behaviour
If the dynamically provided image does not have the same dimension (aspect ratio) as the current image on your canvas, it will be resized so that it fits within height and/or width of the image on the canvas. You can choose between:
- Fill The image will be scaled until it's smallest dimension (width/height) meets an edge of the area of your current image. The content falling outside the area will be cropped off.
- Fit The image will be scaled until one of its dimensions (width/height) meets an edge of the placeholder area. Placeholder area space that is not filled with the image will be transparent.
- Anchor point
You can also set an anchor point for the placement of dynamic images. When dynamically replacing your image, the new image needs to calibrate its position relative to the layer's box area. This is done with the anchor point. For example, if you set the anchor in the centre (the default), the image that will replace your default image will be placed in the centre. If you set the anchor to top-right, a new image will be placed with its top-right corner in the top-right corner of your layer's box area.
- Set the position, rotation and opacity of the image layer. You can set these by (1) clicking with your mouse and typing in the desired outcome, or (2) clicking with your mouse and then using the arrow keys. Tap an arrow to move the assets 1 pixel at a time or hold shift to increase movement speed to 10 pixels at a time.
- Determine and style the fill, stroke and shadow of the image layer
- Turn on/off Rounded Corners and adjust them
Video Properties (video templates only)
- Adjust the volume
- Mute/Unmute the audio. Standard the audio is muted.