The following terms and conditions are part of the Terms of Service (the “Terms”) and govern the way Storyteq processes, stores and secures data. Therefore, please read these Terms carefully since they set out the rights and obligations between you and StoryTEQ B.V.
(“Storyteq“, “we“, “our” or “us“) concerning your and our data.
IN THIS ARTICLE
|| License to Data
| Compliance with laws
|| Service Level Agreement
Data security. Storyteq has put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and organizational procedures to safeguard and secure the information (Data) we collect, receive and/or process through or/and with Storyteq’s services. More explicitly, but not limited by:
- All the connections and applications (including login pages) on our end are TLS encrypted.
- Storyteq’s account passwords are encrypted and API access tokens are hashed. The stored data can only be accessed by using hashed access tokens.
- Our, and thus your Data, is stored on Google Cloud servers (and thus subject to Google Cloud’s security measures). Google Cloud is certified with ISO27001, ISO27017, ISO27018 https://cloud.google.com/security/compliance. The physical locations are in St. Ghislain, Belgium and Eemshaven, Netherlands.
- Storyteq’s databases are only accessible from authorized IP addresses. All data at rest is encrypted using the 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES-256).
- Data stored in Storyteq databases are separated per client with a unique CompanyID. An access token has only access to data from a specific CompanyID and thus can never access any other data.
- All our data has a life-time value and will be deleted after the life-time expires. The standard lifetime is 30 days for data and 60 days for assets (video's).
- Our domains are hosted by TransIP. TransIP and therefore the domains and sFTP folders are certified with ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 14001, NEN 7510, PCI DDS. The servers are located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Generated media is only available through hashed URL’s, therefore it is not possible to randomly gain access to another person’s unique Video or other sorts of media.
- We run regular, automated, back-ups of our system and databases (both full and incremental back-ups).
- We use separate environments in our infrastructure. There is a separation between development, testing, acceptance and production.
- We run daily automated scripts on our API & database for security checks and do a monthly security analysis to ensure our security is up to date.
- Our API and databases run on a flexible hosting environment with a fail-over cluster with constant health checks.
- All our technical infrastructure component are hosted within a virtual private cloud. Therefore data in our platform is only available through an API connection.
- We educate our (technical) personnel on how to treat personal data on a continuing basis, but at least in monthly, recurring, sessions.
2 License to Data
As a Customer, as long as you make use of the Storyteq service, you grant Storyteq a royalty-free, paid-up, non-exclusive, irrevocable and worldwide license to access, log, retain and use all (Consumer) Data and Video files pertaining to your account, as well as all other data and content you provide to us, to administer and make improvements to the Storyteq’s service, as well as carry out Customer related tasks, ie; billing; generation and the delivery of Video’s; collection and analyzing Consumer Data; and compile statistics, metrics, insights, and general trend-data about the Storyteq’s service for your insight. While doing this, Storyteq will always adhere to the agreements made between you and Storyteq about the handling of (Consumer) Data.
For clarity, as between you and Storyteq, all Consumer Data and Video files and templates shall be solely and exclusively owned by you. As used herein, Consumer Data means any data pertaining to Consumers’ engagement with Video’s (such as, without limitation, click-to-play events, percentage of Video’s viewed, and click-through rates).
- As you use our Services, you (or we for you) may import (manually or automatically) into our system, personal information you have collected from your users/customers or other individuals. We have no direct relationship with these users/customers or any person other than you, and for that reason, you are responsible for making sure you have the appropriate permission for us to collect and process information about those individuals.
The Storyteq’s service may include tools giving you the opportunity to provide us with feedback data (such as but not limited to, comments, suggestions, and questions) about the Storyteq’s service (“Feedback“). You agree that all rights, title, and interest in and to all Feedback (even if provided to us other than through the Storyteq’s service tools) are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of StoryTEQ.
5 Compliance with Laws
You agree to comply with all applicable international, national, state, regional and local laws and regulations in accessing and/or using the StoryTEQ’s service (or any part thereof) and in performing your obligations and exercising your rights under these Terms, including without limitation laws relating to privacy, data protection, and exports (such as the GDPR).
6 Service Level Agreement
Our Service Level Agreement can be found here.
If you have any questions about these terms or other terms of our service. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org