Templates - Media Management
IN THIS ARTICLE
|1. Listing of media created with a template||3.1 The Batches Table|
|2.1 The Media Table||3.2 The Batches Page|
|2.2 Media Rows - Viewing and Handling Media|
|2.2.1 Media Actions|
|2.2.3 Other actions in the Action Bar|
1. Listing of media created with a template
When you click on a template in the Template overview, you will navigate to a page where you can view media created with this template and create new media using the template. You have two different view modes displayed by the two different tabs on the page:
- The Media tab and is useful if you want to view all media created with this template or create media one by one (click here for more information about media creation).
- The Batches tab is where you can see all media that are created as part of a batch you submitted for creation. (click here for more information about creating batches of media, using a data file import).
Above the table, buttons are shown to perform template-wide actions:
- Search through media by typing in a part of the name in the search field, by sorting media by creation date or media ID, or by filtering created media. The filter functionality enabling you to show media based on your preferred input (either keywords or media using certain parameter values).
- Continue draft to adjust your template in the template builder
- Options If you click on the ‘options’ button you can edit the naming of the media. Or export a csv. Create a CSV-file listing all the media you've created within a set date range.
- Create media / Create Batch This blue button is used to create new media with this template. If you toggle to the Batch tab the button says ‘Create batch’. This button is used to create a new batch of media.
When selecting a number of media using the checkboxes, you will be able to perform a few actions with those media:
- Delete Media Delete all selected media from the Storyteq servers.
- Mark for Review Mark all selected media for someone to review.
- Upload Media Upload the selected media to a platform of your choosing.
2.1 The Media Table
The media table lists all media created with this template, both media created individually or by batch. The number next to the tab title shows how much media are created since the implementation of the template, excluding manually removed media. The media rows are made up by columns containing, from left to right:
- Checkbox Use the header checkbox to select all media and perform actions. Use the checkbox in the media row to perform actions on a selection of media.
- Name The name of your media. The name is generated by stitching video parameters together (relative to the related media that is created). The scheme for naming can be edited by pressing the "Edit Naming" button.
- The rendering status The rendering status shows you in which part of the creation process your media is at that moment. When creating media, it will be one of the following:
- In Queue After finalizing the creation process, the submitted request to create a media is set in a queue. This means that your media is waiting to be rendered, while the Storyteq software is creating previously requested media (that were already in queue). This can take from a few seconds up to a handful of minutes.
- Rendering Your media is being created by the Storyteq software.
- Finished Your media has finished rendering and is ready to be viewed, shared or published
- Failed Something went wrong while rendering your media. This means that your request has passed validation while actually containing values that can't be rendered out. This is possible when your input does not match the values expected by the template, while not being part of the checks made during validation. In general, this means something is wrong with the template, or it isn't ready (yet) to handle your input. Please report the media or contact Storyteq using the Support system
To comply with GDPR and free up server storage, Storyteq deletes data after a certain amount of days. This results in the following types of status:
- Cleared After 30 days, Storyteq deletes all data used to create the cleared media. You can still view, share, publish and perform other actions with your media. However, Storyteq has no available data to generate a Media name, or fill in the form if you want to recreate the cleared media.
- Destroyed After 60 days the media is deleted from the servers and cannot be accessed any longer. Keep in mind that this only includes the media stored on the Storyteq servers. If the media was previously published to a different platform, it is out of Storyteq's control (concerning automated deletion).
- Uploaded to This column shows icons representing the platforms to which the media has been published.
- Created Shows the date and time that the request to create a media has been submitted.
2.2 Media Rows - Viewing and Handling Media
Every row in the table represents a media that has been created with the selected template. Each row can be expanded to view the actual media, and perform actions with it. By default the row for the most recently created media is expanded. Click a different row to view and handle that media, while closing the previously expanded row.
An expanded row contains a few elements:
- The created media
The media automatically starts playing upon expansion, in a muted state.
- The Action Bar
This bar, containing icons, let's you toggle the panel view and perform certain actions (see Action Bar).
- Media Panel
This panel shows either publishing actions (by default) or the variables that were used to create the media. Use the action bar to decide which panel is shown.
- Recreate Button
This button takes you to the page used to create a single media with this template. However, this time the form is prefilled with the exact same values used to create this media. A quick way to, for example, correct a mistake in the previously made media.
2.2.1 Media Actions
The Media Action tab gives you the opportunity to:
- Upload to channel. This means you can upload your created media to a platform of your choice barring that such platform has been connected to the Storyteq platform. If that isn't the case, use the connect page to link accounts. When you choose a platform to publish the media to, you're taken through a publishing flow that is related to the chosen platform.
- Recreate media. This button takes you to the page used to create a single media with this template. However, this time the form is prefilled with the exact same values used to create this media. A quick way to, for example, correct a mistake in the previously made media.
- Mark for review. The platform facilitates a review flow. This means that after creating media you can mark them in the system, to make it easy for other internal stakeholders (for example a brand manager) to double check if the media meets legal and brand requirements. Click here for more information about this reviewflow.
- Report Issue. If you experience an issue with this particular video, you can create a support ticket regarding the issue you have found. After you've submitted your issue, Storyteq will work on it and you can track the status on the Support page or in the update e-mail we send you.
- Copy link. Next to uploading directly to your channel, there are also some projects that serve the media on a custom landingpage. If that is the case, the link(s) to the media's landingpage(s) can be found here. Although you can download the video (see 2.2.3 Other Actions), it's sometimes easier to share a public link. Use the "Copy Link" button to copy that link.
The second icon in the Action Bar switched the panel view to the Media Attributes. This panel lists all variables (parameters) that were used to create the media you are viewing. Left lists the variable name, on the right are the corresponding values. Use this listing to check if the submitted values are correctly shown in the media.
2.2.3 Other actions in the Action Bar
From top to bottom, the first two have already been discussed. The remaining icon buttons perform the following actions:
- Toggle Media
The Poster button toggles the media type you're viewing. Every media has a corresponding image (sometimes referred to as a thumbnail or poster file). Using this button, the video slot is replaced by the image. The button switches to a camera, meaning that clicking it again, the video view will be back in place.
This button expands the video/poster in the row. This feature enables you to watch the media on a bigger scale, without making you go full screen.
- Download Media
Hovering on this button gives you the option to either download the video or poster file.
If you spot a mistake, there's a good chance that the template has to be altered. Use this button to write an Issue Ticket, letting Storyteq know something is wrong with the template.
Deletes the media from the Storyteq servers.
3.1 The Batches Table
When switching to the Batches tab, a different table is shown. A batch is nothing more than a predefined collection of media, which have been submitted for creation (and rendered) as a result of going through a single (batch) creation process. This enables our users to create hundreds of videos by defining the batch properties once, instead of making them all 1 by 1. Subsequently this means that media that's part of a batch can also be found in the "All Media" Table. However, the Batch listing enables you to perform actions on the specific group of media that you grouped as part of the batch creation process. For more information, see Batch Creation. The Batches Table lists all batches you have created with this Templates' batch creation:
Same as with media, the table uses columns presenting a checkbox for actions, the name of the batch and it's creation timestamp. Since a batch name is manually set, the row also presents a button to edit the previously saved name.
3.2 The Batches Page
The behavior of a row in this table, is different from the one in the "All Media" Table. Whenever you click a row you will be taken to a different page, instead of the row getting expanded:
This page contains all media that were created as part of the batch you submitted for creation. The listing of these media behaves the same as the All Media Table. In the Batch page, you are able to perform batch-wide actions, meaning you can mark your batch for review, upload your batch, undo the uploading, download the batch to your computer, export the batch to CSV, or delete the entire batch.
You can also use the 'Theater Mode' button above the table to switch to a preview mode. In this mode, you can quickly go through all media created for this batch. This allows you to review media, and either report or delete them in a fast way. If you click the ‘Add Media’ button in the upper right corner you can create a single extra media.
| Previous Page
Templates - Overview
| Next page
Templates - Media Creation